Embedded Firmware Architect
- This role is a Leadership role for Product Development
- Responsible for Embedded firmware development
- Designing Embedded Firmware architecture for different RTOS systems like Free RTOS, Mbed-OS, Threadx, etc.
- Strategic firmware planning, Architecting, and execution of a given product.
- Handling end-to-end interdisciplinary projects. Expertise in the area of Analog, Digital, and Mixed Circuit Development.
- Manage New Product Firmware Development
- Manage Existing Product Firmware customization, maintenance, Repository, etc
- Build and manage teams
- Managing documentation management of Firmware
- Co-ordinate for product development with R&D and PMO Leaders
- Support post-implementation queries
- Extensive hands-on design understanding with Firmware development for more than 10+ years of experience. Working knowledge of programming using Embedded C, and C++ programming skills for various Microcontrollers in the market Working knowledge of UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.
- A good understanding of Operating Systems, System Software, and Flash File systems is a Plus.
- A strong understanding of Data Structure and Algorithms would be an added benefit.
- Excellent hardware debugging skills with the aid of the latest laboratory equipment
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with high flexibility and rapid response time
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced complex environment with a self-motivated work ethic; utilize sound judgment with an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions and resolving complex problems related to general technical aspects of the job.
- Decisions are made with an in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, policies, and business practices to achieve results.
- Understanding of the development of Linux systems with Boot loader, Linux kernel, Linux porting, etc.
- Good understanding and experience in vehicle telematics industry GSM/GPRS modules/modem, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi modules, etc.
- Good Understanding of developing application firmware based on IoT standards and protocols such as HTTP, MQTT, etc.
- Good Understanding of embedded development environment and its processes, version management, JIRA, Test-driven development, etc.